15 Moving Tips That Will Make Your Life So Much Easier
Suppose you have found a new place that better fits your needs. Would you let go of the opportunity to move as early as possible? You would probably say no that. Moving into a new residence is indeed an exciting experience. Your excitement can be short lived as you notice all the stuff that you need to move. The thought of moving all your belonging is as stressful as actually doing it. If you are looking for some practical tips on how to make the job easier than ever, continue reading.
1. Pack all your essentials in a single bag if possible.
The equation is simple. The more bags you use for separate packing, the more it will be tiring for you to unpack things. If you want an easier access to your essentials, packing them in a single bag is advised. This includes your clothes for the next few days of work and even the toiletries. Another advantage that it brings is that you will have an easier time guarding your luggage.
2. Pack the articles you primarily need in a transparent plastic bin.
These items include selected cookware, eating utensils, phone chargers, box cutters, power strips, paper towels, tools, toilet papers, and the likes. The reason why it needs to be a transparent plastic bin is that you could see the things in it. This is also a good way to separate these essentials from other things in the box.
3. Use clothing to wrap the breakables.
Obviously, this includes glasses, porcelain dishes, figurines, etc. In the absence of a bubble wrap, clothing is a great alternative. Aside from protecting your fragile articles, you also found a way to pack your clothes.
4. Pack glasses in clean socks (when conventional padding supplies are not available)
Glasses are prone to breaking during your move. To avoid it, pack them using clean socks when regular padding supplies, such as bubble wrap, foam sheets and newspaper are not available. This is a rather creative and inexpensive packing solution that provides extra padding to your glasses.
5. Label each box indicating which items it contains and the room it should be brought to
Unpacking in your new house will be more convenient if the right box is in the right room.
6. If possible, visit the new house prior to your move and clean it.
If not yet done, it's always a good idea to clean the kitchen and the bathroom and tidy up the bedrooms since these are the first areas of the residence you will use first.
7. Place cosmetics in a padded cosmetic bags
If needed, you may add extra padding by inserting cotton balls or face towels around the edges of the bag. This prevents the cosmetics from breaking.
8. Secure the covers of the toiletries.
This is important to avoid leakage from substances.
9. Pack your plates vertically.
To reduce the chances of breaking your plates, pack them like CDs on a rack.
10. Use Press’n Seal to cover drawers and keep them intact.
This gives you the benefit of avoiding re-folds of your clothes.
11. Keep the jewelry intact using Press’n Seal.
This is another great way to secure your jewels and other accessories.
12. Pack items using a stretch wrap.
This plastic wrap can protect your articles from getting scratched and scuffed.
13. Use sandwich bags
A sandwich bag is best for packing small parts taken from other items such as screws, cords and curtain rods.
14. Pack books in beer boxes.
The advantage of a beer box is that it has side handles. This gives you an easier lifting task.
15. Take photos on your electronic connections.
This is important especially if you are not familiar with the correct cable connections. The photos can be your guide in re-connecting your electronic devices.